Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
MSRP and MSRP plus markup is what you're looking at with the M2 also. Not that I'd compare the two though.

And yes, I didn't really "drive" the car if you mean test its limits. I'm one of those guys who follows the manufacturer's break-in recommendation, so I wasn't about to abuse a car that someone else was going to buy.

The base price was $36,120. This car had $6500 worth of options. Wheels and tires were $1900; paint was $700; Recaros were $2800, and moonroof was $900.

Ha ha... well, it is a 350/350 4-cylinder, so it's not like it's a chump engine. And the exhaust looked a lot like the MP exhaust - two good size pipes coming out of a decent sized muffler. I guess the pops between shifts is what sounded better than mine. I liked the sound of it for sure. It's nothing at all like a 4-cylinder Honda with a fart can muffler.
You should have at least pushed it some. Why else test drive a performance vehicle?

What I am saying is MSRP or mark up on any car = LOL to me. I would never pay either. Maybe if I were Richie Rich & $ doesn't matter I would. Definitely not on an M2 or Focus.
Appreciate 0