View Single Post
      04-25-2010, 12:36 PM   #49
xG35c
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i

I test drove the S4 recently and Audi has done a great job with this vehicle, it's every bit as good as a 335. A comparably equipped S4 is significantly more money however, especially with Audi's "packages" sometimes forcing options you have no interest in. And even worse are their leases which suck due to their even lower-than-BMW residuals, usually about 50% after only two years! Unless the lease is subsidized by Audi during a promotion, they are always more money.

Since I have an LCI E90 and a 2010 Audi, both with Nav, I can compare the two systems: Audi's is easier to use initially, due to the dedicated buttons, BMW's is a better system to use after the learning curve. Both make you select "presets" to tune your favorite stations after starting the car (though BMW seems to be intermittant here) which is the biggest flaw in both systems. I don't like Audi's steering wheel buttons, the IP info display and menus are inaccessible via MMI, the radio shuts off the moment you shut the car off and when you turn it back on the wheel controls don't work, and lastly Audi's Nav displays are still small and looked added on compared to BMW's integrated look.
None of the above is reason to not get an S4 if you prefer it and can afford it!
Appreciate 0