View Single Post
      07-28-2023, 10:27 AM   #23
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctelimad View Post
I think thr new m5 hybrid will be fine cornering despite the weight given now they are using the 48v battery for active roll stabilization like the new XM
If you drive the new XM you can tell it corners very well for the weight and it brakes welll also
The only thing i did not like is how the new powertrain feels in the XM
It is like confused and not smooth so hopefully they fix it for the m5 with some tweaking
I'm being serious you just said the new XM handles well?? I had one over the weekend dealer trying to sell an allocation they have. Keep in mind I came from X5MC. The X5 makes the XM feel like a mid 70's Cadillac at best. Don't get me wrong for its size it does well but as far as actually handling for say a canyon fun drive not around the parking lots it doesn't hold any candle. Heck even the M8 as good as it is, is no where near as fun as a new M2 for handling. I think many here are saying a true enthusiast someone that wants to get up go put that big smile across their face as they push tires to limits the sheer weight of electric cannot do it. It becomes a mass problem. Kinda like when people put super light weight wheel on the Tesla Plaid and they crack and bend due to the weight of the vehicle. Honestly we are getting to the point were electric vehicles should be requiring CDL to drive.... lol Ok RANT over.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport13040.50