02-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #23
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
Hey, buddy, why don't you stop trashing stuff you know nothing about. Normal people know damn well when they're not hungry. If you can't figure it out yourself then maybe "eating" is a little too complex for you.

Also, thanks for the link to the pay site. I'll gladly waste my hard-earned money to get the "professional opinion" of "dozens of experts in the field" which will basically give me an overcomplicated diet of what equates to one simple sentence: "Eat fucken' less!"

It's no wonder that you buy into all that crap, though. It's true what they say: People are sheep. They need some "expert" to lead them around and charge them an arm & a leg to state the obvious. I'm sure if I did a few years research on taking dumps and then released a 10-step program on how to take a proper dump there would be people lining up to get it. That's how most folks are.

Personally, I don't need some egghead swindler taking my hard-earned money to tell me common fuckin' sense. Shit, if you're that desperate, find a few people who are fit, ask them what they do, compare and emulate. You'll save a lot of money and won't look like such a naive sheep.
Where your hunger theory falls flat is when individuals are not eating foods with blood sugar regulation in mind. The propensity for Americans to gorge themselves on (processed) carbohydrates is very high especially at breakfast (bagels, waffles, breads, jellies, fruits, yogurt, syrup, cereals, pancakes, muffins, etc) but is becoming more common place at lunch, dinner, and snack time.

This very real issue causes problems with blood sugar regulation and weight management as it leads to overeating. Frequent drops in blood sugar produces that hungry, low energy feeling. Leaving it up to the individual to eat whenever he/she wants dependent upon hunger is too simplified an approach and simply will not work if the wrong combination of fats, protein, and carbohydrates are chosen while eating. In addition, processed foods simply do not have the nutritional value that whole foods do. A diet rich in processed foods will leave the body craving nutrients which leads to premature hunger.

You also failed to mention the importance of hydration, and the role it plays in hunger. Over half of Americans are chronically dehydrated. Many mistakenly eat to satisfy hunger pangs when they are actually dehydrated.

There is both a science to nutrition and exercise. Your experience with professionals in both realms must not have been very good as you seem to have a feeling of superiority towards these groups. I assure you, your knowledge of both subjects is elementary.
Appreciate 0