View Single Post
      08-20-2019, 04:05 PM   #35
JJR4884
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 330Ci | F32 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA135ii View Post
We will agree to disagree. The AFC East has been the weakest division in football for the last 20 years. The Pats catch a break there. Fins, Bills, And the JETS... lol
The jets made it to the playoffs twice in the early 2010’s right? Definitely agree to disagree especially when you look at the total wins in each division say otherwise. The AFC is definitely sub par - but not the worst.

Regardless I don’t think a better division would change the success of the patriots by a noticeable margin. Patriots lost 5 games last year, all to teams that didn’t make the playoffs which makes no sense, however they won when they were playing good teams. Brady’s record vs Manning/Rothlesberger/etc is severely outweighed by wins. If their losses to really good teams were high and their winning percentage against crap teams (AFC East) was their highest, then I would credit their success to a crap division. Fortunately that just isn’t the case. They beat good teams often especially when they are the underdog.

Last edited by JJR4884; 08-20-2019 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 0