View Single Post
      05-29-2015, 10:37 AM   #6
scott@bmwhn
Major
Rep
Drives: Msport X3

I experienced a different form of vertigo once when Scuba diving in a murky lake. I was ascending from 110ft with no flash light (flooded thanks to a pinched o-ring) and after kicking for what seemed like an eternity with no sign of surface light I began to question whether I was even traveling in a upward direction (it was complete darkness so I literally had no visual references).

Being that I didn't have any visual, I can't say that I was dizzy but the sensation of having absolutely no point of reference really fucks with your mind....for a split second I even questioned if my eyes were open or closed. Fortunately I remembered my dive training that instructs you to follow your bubbles with your hand. following my bubbles, I quickly realized that in my brief moment of panic and confusion I began swimming back down.

Needless to say once I broke the surface I kind of just floated there reflecting on what I had just experienced...To this day the memory raises my heart rate.

It was also that day that I realized how feeble the human mind can be when it is stripped of all but one sense.

-Scott

Previous: 20' X3 M40i, 19' 740i Msport, 17' 430i GC, 15' Msport X3 28i, 15' Sportline X1 28i, 13' Msport 328i, 09' Msport 335i, 07' Msport 335i
Appreciate 0