No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [10.00]
2022 BMW iX  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Yeah TBH I cannot fathom why you'd want a turbo 4 instead of a flat 6, yeah more torque etc but it's a sports car, you want to rev it out, that's half the fun. Mind you 3rd gear is STUPID long, on my 997 if I am hustling so can corner in third gear, then i floor it and it wrings out, in one gear, from 40kmh to 120kmh, it's nuts.
Yeah i had a Boxster 25 years last year (which was a GTS 4.0 with GT4 short shifter and the heritage style trim). Really nice car, but you can't safely redline it on a street ever. 1st gear redline natrually comes up quite fast, and then 2nd is like 76mph. The engine sounds great above 5000rpm, but its a bit rough and durgy below that.

Personally, as street cars, all of these 4.0 718's are very overrated unless you are intending to constantly break traffic laws. In PDK they are better, but you are kind of missing the point. As track cars, they make sense. They are desirable in theory, or if you want to go to cars and coffee to show off. As driving instruments, they are not effective road cars for revving out.
Appreciate 2