08-21-2023, 10:11 PM   #7
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
Thanks of confirming! I agree this was a nice feature on my 7 which I enjoyed very much and like you, I found an app to add the cover art. I guess moving forward, I have to play music from a USB drive which is a bit of a pain when trying to place the phone on the wireless charge. Oh well.
Get a USB-C drive and stick in the console vs using the USB-A in front of the wireless charging tray. I went back and edited my post as I had MP4 on the brain as have been fighting a Windows 11 update that broke MP4 videos on my laptop from playback.

I use FLAC for audio so not a lot of space on 40GB (have about 7 albums in the media collection). I also have a 2TB USB-C SSD drive in the console loaded to the gills with FLAC albums. 👍

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
One other thing I noticed with the M850 that the side bolsters don't go back to the open position when you shut the car off. Again this was a nice feature with the 7 for easy exist/entering the vehicle. Once you put your seatbelt on, the side bolsters will hug both the driver and passenger. I don't understand why BMW removes these little convenient options. Pretty stupid...
Sounds like a 7-series feature that is exclusive to it as the 5-series and 8-series don't have active bolsters.
Appreciate 0