11-15-2020, 01:40 AM   #37
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron G15 View Post
Many thanks...had the extra aSLA features coded a couple of days ago and the ability to set two speed offsets showed up in the idrive menu....

I had expected the below feature to appear as well, alas it didn’t.

Do you use it much? I tend to always set the max allowable distance (which is the best way to avoid stone chips)....additionally the system automatically reduces the distance when in stop and start traffic, so, I was wondering how the feature is utilized
The aSLA coding I bundled was only to activate aSLA in regions where it was not allowed due to regulatory restrictions, in the same way that the anti-dazzle does. I also added the extra speed adjustment for good measure.

If your coder followed my original coding for aSLA, or picked it up from a 3rd party such as trojanlaw's spreadsheet, then it won't have any of the new 07/2020 features, such as auto adjustment of distance, prevent undertaking, highway exit assistant, emergency lane formation, or traffic-light assistant.

WRT auto-adjustment it's hard to tell if it works or not. It doesn't adjust the distance (1-4 bars) graphically on my car, but what I have noticed is that it seems to automatically increase the distance between my car and the one in front, if there is bad weather like heavy rain. To the point that it 'seems' like it's using 4 bars of distance (speed ratio adjusted) when the display is only showing 1 bar.

I could be imagining it and its not doing anything. Only way to be sure is if someone has it native on their MY 21 G20/G05 and can validate my observation. All the other 07/2020 features work as expected so I'd be surprised if its a coding issue.
Appreciate 0