View Single Post
      11-15-2019, 10:20 PM   #104
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

I think this whole 0-60 in 2.8 or 3.0 or 3.1 is arbitrary and makes no sense to select a car this way. All of these vehicles are stupidly fast to any reasonable speed (under 100mph). A lot of the number depends on driver and traction. Warm day with warm tires and AWD produce better numbers than cold asphalt and cold tires. Turbo cars seem to like 40-60 degree weather.

What matters is how it drives, the feel, the comfort, the ease, the use. For me it is a daily driver and my 100 mile round trip commute. BMWs have been mostly great for this. I have an outgoing 911 991 S targa for a weekend test drive and my commute was miserable. Firm and terrible on Michigan freeways. The seats were fine, the visibility great but just not a fun vehicle for long trips on anything that isn't smooth. Also even worse back seat than the 6/8 series. Again not a knock on the car just different strokes for different folks.

Finally the M5 is a fantastic super sedan, and arguably the best currently available as it routinely out performs the E63S and Audi has not released a RS6 here yet. The GT 63s 4 door is sexier but stupidly priced and really a comparison against the M8GC. again it all depends on what you are looking for. I want to go back to a 2 door for my DD because I am the only one in it and I loved having a coupe. I still have a second vehicle (usually a SUV, currently a X3MC but will replace with a X5M). We have other cars as well so I can always take a larger car when needed.

Noushy
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 2