View Single Post
      11-04-2019, 01:39 AM   #102
Olsonan
Registered
Rep
Drives: A7 (current), 328i, 911 (past)

Thanks for the feedback everyone... sorry if I am replying wrong.. new to this site.

noushy -I saw the 2.88 as well but for the extra $40K I want something definitively faster. Matt at Carwow did an instrumented run at 3.1(?) in his video review which blows.

joshuastein55 - I like the new 911 a lot but I didn't find it as good as a daily driver. Obviously sits very low but also lacks things like HUD, massage seats, wireless CarPlay, and the Burmester was really not all that impressive relative to the B&Ws in the BMWs (I'm guessing less space for the sub woofers in the 911, IDK, but it sounded weak to me). The ride was a bit stiff even compared to the M5 Comp and there was very significant tire noise. It's still on my list though.

Brain_attack - The M8 Comp vs. the M5 non-Comp - the Comp versions sound (and handle) substantially better. The M5 growled and popped much better than the non-comp M8. Very different. As far as interior appearance... did you test a 2020 M5? As I mentioned they have the same digital cockpit so the only minor differences are the climate control config, shifter, etc.

Trust me, I wanted to buy the M8 but it is so close to the M5 I can't justify the extra nearly $18K over a three year lease. Not to mention the M5 is more practical. An M8 Gran Coupe would be an interesting comparator but you can't even order it yet, and again, it would be mostly aesthetics vs. the M5 given the 2020 upgrades. I still have the AMG GT 4 door 63S on my list and that checks all the boxes (despite being slightly less quick 0-60 than the BMW M5/M8) but that's like $36K more over three years than an M5 Comp. and IDK if it's worth that much more. Still thinking it through but thanks and I'll look out for responses...

Last edited by Olsonan; 11-04-2019 at 01:43 AM.. Reason: added some more info
Appreciate 0