11-03-2019, 09:20 AM   #101
Brain_attack
Riding the stars
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olsonan View Post
I've now driven both 2020's back to back... With the digital cockpit the same as in the M8 and other minor items upgraded in the M5, the interiors are very closely matched. The seats might be slightly better in the M8 and the climate control is a little different but..... I can't justify the added expense. Also the (admittedly weak) massage feature is available in the M5 but not the M8?! To sell a $150K+ (USD) luxury GT without massage is just stupid (something Audi and MB both offer BTW).

I can afford the M8... it just seems like throwing away money. Also why hasn't any legit source actually timed the M8 Comp 0-60 (I did see the Carwow test at like 3.4 or something not great).

Why didn't BMW tweak the HP or find some ways to reduce weight in the M8 so that it is a true top-of-the line model? Seems idiotic to me.

I really wanted the M8 since I saw the first concept but now I'm leaning towards the M5 Comp.

Thoughts?

I tested both also. The M8 was comp but M5 I test wasn’t comp. I felt the M8 response is better and stronger. I truly didn’t feel the weight of the car like I was worried to get. I drove the 850 and it wasn’t as slick and responding in my hand as I liked. It was heavy. Also having both ( M5 & M8) beside each other, the M8 looks much better in and out. And sound better lol

FYI I have M4 convert comp edition currently.
Appreciate 3