View Single Post
      11-03-2019, 09:07 AM   #99
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olsonan View Post
I've now driven both 2020's back to back... With the digital cockpit the same as in the M8 and other minor items upgraded in the M5, the interiors are very closely matched. The seats might be slightly better in the M8 and the climate control is a little different but..... I can't justify the added expense. Also the (admittedly weak) massage feature is available in the M5 but not the M8?! To sell a $150K+ (USD) luxury GT without massage is just stupid (something Audi and MB both offer BTW).

I can afford the M8... it just seems like throwing away money. Also why hasn't any legit source actually timed the M8 Comp 0-60 (I did see the Carwow test at like 3.4 or something not great).

Why didn't BMW tweak the HP or find some ways to reduce weight in the M8 so that it is a true top-of-the line model? Seems idiotic to me.

I really wanted the M8 since I saw the first concept but now I'm leaning towards the M5 Comp.

Thoughts?
The informal in car test with BMW factory driver did 0-100 KPH in 2.88 so safe to assume a hard launch is about the same or slightly faster than a M5 comp. expected since most everything else is the same. We will see when more magazines review the car at their own locations.

Noushy
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 0