Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Bro - I have traveled extensively and also resided in Turkey for a time, along with many other countries. To say that India or Turkey are 'developed' or 'first world' countries is absurd.

You also cannot compare federalized poverty rates between countries - it's apples and oranges. The federal poverty rate in the United States is higher than the income level of approx 99% of every person living in India.

The federal poverty level for a family of 3 in the United States is $29,435/yr. In India, it is designated as $1,370/yr. Less than 1% of the entire country of India makes more than $9,500 per year.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/65953724.cms

Turkey's average Annual Income per Capita is $3,604/yr. The designated poverty level in Turkey for a family of 3 is $8,613/yr.

Stop spreading lies.

PPP is a better metric for tracking such things, per capita income doesn't factor in things like COL. But I get your point.

From my perspective, which was mostly inside majorly developed cities, they were quite modern and "first world." The larger picture may alter that. Either way, the statement that "The USA has the least strict employments laws of any of the developed nations" was false to begin with. I was offering my own experiences to contradict that.

I'm sure someone can google and find more examples of this.
Appreciate 0