No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
Macan turbo's price is very appealing>66k
Yeah, I guess we all should have known better than to expect a budget "Turbo" model. However, the "S" is $2k under estimates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Macan looks interesting. I can't stand any suv's larger than this class, I just don't like to drive such a large vehicle. SQ5 is a nice ride, test drove one not too long ago. As far as suv's go, it is the one I would buy now. But the Macan S and Turbo do look very promising. Also the X4M, if indeed it gets produced.
I had been eyeing up the SQ5 as well until the pricing dropped today for the Macan.

Macan S base price is only $100 more than the SQ5 Premium Plus (base model SQ5).

I test drove an SQ5 the other day. It is very uninspired in the curves. Read that the US model is 30mm higher (on regular Q5-height springs) than the Euro Version to skirt around US Emissions (classified as a small truck). So considering that it is the same chassis, with as good as or better motor (remember this is most likely the 3.0TT V6 found in the Panamera S (probably detuned)), better transmission and more than likely handle better as well.

I am going to budget for a Macan S with upgrades not to top the price of a fully loaded SQ5 Prestige, so around ~$72k. Will probably narrow it down to PCM (Navigation), PASM (air suspension is a maybe), Sport Seats are a Maybe, PDC w/Camera, some interior niceties, definitely not getting their crappy looking wheels (Cayenne and Cayenne S have horrible looking standard wheels) and maybe upgraded stereo. I know you can go crazy with all of the options.

Oh, and the X4M might not be happening per the BMW Product Manager...
http://www.caradvice.com.au/253033/bmw-x4-m-likely/
Appreciate 0