View Single Post
      09-18-2023, 05:29 PM   #10
Accentu8
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY24 Porsche Taycan

Garage List
I don’t agree with anything you said except maybe that it’s not as fast as the X3 M40i since I have no idea, but I’m curious how many miles the 840 had on it. Mine was not all that impressive power wise until I got over 1500 miles.

I could’ve had an M8 or an 850, but after testing all 3, actually preferred the 840 for a lot of reasons. For me the 840 handles better than either of the big engine 8s and I’ve done all kinds of driving in it. Also I commute in it so I prefer the better gas mileage and reliability of the B58.

Also I love the new screen. I think it looks far more integrated into the dash due to the extreme angles on the top corners of the old one and the new one is visually a much better overall shape.

My steering is spot on as are my brakes, heated up or not. And we’ve owned some sports cars and some muscle cars with high end brakes so it’s not that I don’t know handling or braking.

I honestly wonder if something was severely wrong with the 840 you drove because your experience sounds nothing like my almost 10 months with my 840.

As for the 240 or 440…the 240 looks like a Chevy and I can’t stand the buck teeth on the 4 series. Whereas, my 840 is quintessentially BMW and is gorgeous from all angles.

But, as someone said, to each his/her own…

MY24 Audi SQ5 Prestige | Mythos black metallic | Magma red Nappa

Retired: MY23 BMW 840i Coupe | MY21 Audi SQ5 | MY19 Audi A6
Appreciate 2
Tenac4566.50
Davesrb184.00