11-16-2019, 06:47 AM   #22
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Yeah I did during last year's renewal and it saved a lot vs. a ridiculous increase initially invoiced. This year, they wouldn't budge and both Progressive and Geico were about the same for the same coverage. I stuck with LM in part because it is an annual renewal whereas most insurers are 6-month renewals, with an opportunity to increase rates again in 6 mos.
I have one of the big three. Keep in mind I drive in total over 40,000 miles a year. 33,000 to work and 7,000 bumming around on the weekends. I recently added a E46 330cic to my fleet. Called my insurance agent, she reviewed my whole policy and asked how many mile were on the Z4, which at the time was 99,500. She said "oh we can discount that some" ended up saving $60 year just on the Z4. Told her the miles on the E90, but I dropped to collision anyway, and added the E46. My premium went up about $180 for the year for adding a 3rd BMW.

I've been with the same company for 30 some years and they've never raised my rates. I've had 5 deer hits in 13 years and one dog attack (on the E90) - yes deer strikes don't count against collision, but still, the insurance company could pull some shenanigans if they wanted. I even moved to a new state and dropped my home insurance with the company.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 11-16-2019 at 07:23 AM..
Appreciate 0