On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 DCT, 2019 Raptor

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
You already drive a car that is very much limited or altered through legal requirements/government control in one way or another.

I think its really funny that mainly americans object to this with speedlimits often not exceeding 70 or 75mph
Talk about government control. A car not capable of exceeding 112mph?!? GOD forbid!!!!
But 70-75mph speed limits is no problem
You seem to be making a number of incorrect assumptions and I don’t really see you making a point. I’m not in favor of a universal 75mph speed limit. I’d much rather have a US Autobahn. But there are speed limits on many portions of the Autobahn too, and I don’t have a problem with speed limits in urban and congested areas where it is necessary to facilitate reasonable and orderly traffic flow. This of course has nothing to do with whether I want a neutered car.

I’m also not in favor of a great number of US regulations on a whole array of subjects, including cars. So again, I’m not getting your point. The fact that I am only one voter and that the regulatory environment has progressed beyond where I would like it certainly does not mean that I should favor more of the same.