03-02-2024, 04:23 PM   #10
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
I hear ya but I wont fall into that "corvette" stigma this time; I just have to honestly give it a shot. But the issue is even getting a test drive. The in person cars Ive seen have looked amazing. And the sound is aaaamazzzing; that flat plane crank V8 wails.
Agreed on the Z06. An ex coworker (he left the company but we stay in touch and I sometimes join his car club on drives) finally picked up his Z06. He had ordered long back when they opened allocations but there was a shortage on the CF package it took 6 months longer than the original ETA.

The looks are indeed amazing in person but the sound of the flat crank V8 is just flat out glorious. I have no stigma with a Corvette as it was my initial dream car (and my Dad's forever). My cousin has a 70 Stingray (owned it from day 1) with the LS5 454. Every time he visited us in the early 80s and would drive me to school in it I felt like a God. Nobody in Nogales had anything that came close to it. 😜

As shared in super old posts what brought me to the 8-series was the fact I couldn't see out of a 2018 C7. I literally was looking out of the top 1/4 of the windshield (same story with an M850i convertible as the windshield slope is different from the coupes). So started looking at M5s but when I mentioned to my CA I really wanted a coupe he said BMW was coming out with a new 8-series and the rest is history. 👍
Appreciate 1
Vic5519778.50