Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8cs

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M8Bimmer View Post
Of course being here in Canada you must concede that we get screwed like nobody else does.
For instance we rarely get free shipping. Why is it if we pay the same as any American for something we don't get free shipping as is often offered if in the United States? I see free shipping in the USA on many many goods and items. But if you're in Canada....not a chance. You DON'T get free shipping. WHY? I understand there is a big cost difference in shipping over the border. But how about a discount even off the shipping price we are always charged. Does our purchase not count as anything when they got the same money from us? To be fair though I do buy from some US companies that offer free shipping to Canada as well. BRAVO! They get my business much easier.

As an example. I was buying a restaurant style grill from a seller in Florida who had a good deal on one. They offered FREE shipping in any USA state. It is heavy. But because I am in Canada the shipping was going to be $478.00 dollars Canadian. Plus broker fee's and Exchange rate, duty and taxes. $2400.00 dollars Canadian for a $1100. USD grill. More than double. Cuz I live here. Fuck that shit! No free for me.
I like sound too. I just feel these exhaust systems are stupid money for what they are. At 1/3 of the price of a crappy new small car they are out of proportion. They are not simply titanium they seem to be made of un-abtainium. Essentially I'd be throwing away my stock M8 exhaust (valued at what?) 5k maybe. to then spend another 10k for more sound. Add those 2 together and that's a shit load of money for more noise. I like Vic55's fix better. A few cable ties.
It's like any of these parts or accessories for these cars. They see us coming. It seems sellers of anything BMW get a gleam in their eye. Not sure if the price may also be proportional of the model as well.
Not having any other BMW's I couldn't tell you that.
Man you just went off. Lol. Last time it was speed limits, no? Haha. I don’t think you should live in Canada? All good. How about those Canadian gun laws?
Appreciate 0