CalCarNut
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F36 Jet Black Sport Line

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentanker View Post
Well, even with my imprecise methodology it wasn't a 4.7... it was a 4.8 as it rolled over as I flicked my glance down at the phone., but still I guess that's just splitting hairs

as a side note, I tried the same run at exactly the same place a couple days ago and got a 6.1 WHISKEY. TANGO. FOXTROT!?!?!

...then I realized I was still in COMFORT mode with no traction control. Derrrrp!

I know there are plenty of places to track cars in Texas, but to be honest that's not really my scene, Nothing wrong with it but since I am at least partially a "fuddy duddy" I know that if something went wrong, my insurance wouldn't cover my car at a track. I can afford to pay my bills, but I don't at all have room in my budget to eat the cost of a 2016 BMW if it were to get trashed at a track.

I ran my old DD at the track for 5 years/seasons...since they're not blazingly fast, you'd have to be really not paying attention to hurt the car from my experience. I had it slideways a few times and scared my friends who were watching from the stands but behind the wheel I never ever thought I was going to hit anything. The best part is it answers the 0-60,1/4 mile question etc with an accurate timer and in a safe place. I haven't run my GC yet..but I will...just for kicks.