11-21-2020, 06:36 PM   #9
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by noushy View Post
Bmw does not pay them for the update unless there is a problem. I always say issues with carplay and that covers it.

Noushy
Definitely the easiest route to take given the outcome will likely just be an iDrive update to see if it "solves" the problem. I just wanted to confirm my belief in my dealer in regards to total customer satisfaction and hence the explanation regarding new features, etc. available to any existing iDrive 7 configuration. If they balked then it would have changed my view and ultimately the overall relationship moving forward.

The irony is I ran into my SA when I was picking up the car and he said that he hoped I enjoyed the new features of the software upgrade. I shared that I already was even though I didn't have the car yet by showing him the 3D view rendering in the car's true color vs. the sliver/grey of the previous release (had those in the 3D view gallery). I thanked him for getting the upgrade done as the 3D view rendering was a surprise vs the real features I was looking forward to.
Appreciate 0