View Single Post
      11-20-2020, 09:00 PM   #1
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
iDrive Upgrade To 07/2020

I'm joining the 07/2020 club as when I dropped off the M850i at the dealer this morning for the "low coolant" alert (separate thread on that) plus the 12 month service I asked for the iDrive update. My SA was happy to do the 12 month service early (they have had that done on my wife's X5 twice) but did initially balk at the iDrive update stating the warranty coverage angle for that work.

As planned, I explained that it includes new features and explained the addition of Android Auto as well as the enhanced navigation and Assistant features which BMW stated are available for all iDrive 7 systems regardless of build date. No surprise he wasn't aware of that whatsoever. However, also as expected no static once I explained it all given the dealership's focus on total customer satisfaction. Ultimately he just wrote down that the customer requested Android Auto on the work order and had me initial the line.

I'm guessing most dealers have a similar feature to update work status on a dropped off vehicle via a text message service that includes a link to a portal to watch the overall status as it progresses. By the time I got home with the loaner (brand new X7) I already received a notice outlining the service items to be completed which included the iDrive update. Mid afternoon I received an update that the programming had been completed and the maintenance would be completed by 5pm. Final notice was the car is ready for pickup and the total bill at $20 (what my dealer charges to cover overhead, gas and OEM glass coverage for loaners).

I'm going to use the X7 to run a bunch of errands in the morning and pick up the M850i before the service area closes at 2pm. I'm not sure with what version of 07/2020 they installed but I'm definitely liking the fact that the remote 3D view now includes a decent rendering of the glorious Tanzanite Blue of the M850i vs the prior sliver/grey rendering. Plus, the fact that my dealer appropriately placed the car a parking spot away from any others. Nothing but a thumbs up for BMW North Scottsdale and the highest recommendation for anyone in the Phoenix Metropolitan area to use them for service.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3