Garage List
2024 BMW  [10.00]
2020 BMW 840i xDriv ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VYKL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by toneil44 View Post
Can you share this information?

The almost 10 dealerships you contacted, was that through cars.com or did you contact the dealerships directly?

If contacting dealerships directly, did you email the internet sales manager, did you have a CA contact at each dealer, or some other way?

Thanks for any information you can provide.
Yes, gladly. I only contacted one dealership through cars.com. For all others, I sent an inquiry through the dealer’s site. I was upfront about the lease structure I was seeking.

Note: MSRP varied.

1. BMW of Mountain View: second best deal. $1490 + tax, DAS: first month + fees for 36/7.5k
2. Stevens Creek BMW: said they could beat #1 but couldn’t meet my numbers. Prior quote for 36/10k: $1755 + $3000 down (unclear about DAS)
3. BMW of Fremont: they wanted me to come in, and I couldn’t get concrete numbers. The quote they sent me was higher than what was advertised online...
4. Niello BMW: $1678 + tax, DAS: $3127 for 36/7.5k
5. BMW of Tri-Cities: $1710 + tax, DAS: $2140 for 36/7.5k
6. Sewell BMW of the Permian Basin: they had a demo with 1000+ miles, but they couldn’t lease to non-neighboring states
7. BMW of Newton: No concrete numbers, but said I would be closer to $1900 (not sure if that includes tax) without more than $3000 down (I don’t know if this was DAS). MSRP: $159k
8. South Bay BMW: they responded after I had already signed, but seemed nice
9. Baron BMW: signed a lease deal, and they were hands down the best in terms of communication. They were organized, responsive, and the pickup with my shipper couldn’t have gone more smoothly. I’m 1800 miles away, and this was one of the easiest transaction.

And lastly, I did reach out to an auto broker, but he mentioned that he’d basically be doing the same thing, and he couldn’t reach out to anyone that already had my info. I’ve worked with auto brokers before, and I have found that if you’re willing to do the legwork, you’ll most likely get a better deal.

EDIT: the leasehcker calculator is extremely easy to use, and this was my tool for negotiation.
Forgive my ignorance in any of this. I'm just starting my search and am getting completely overwhelmed by everything. I ideally want to lease an M850i convertible, but the rates aren't particularly great right now. I've checked out just about every BMW dealer stock across the country for an 840i convertible which seem to be few and far between, particularly in the color combinations I'd be happy with and options I want (Driving Assistant Pro, Comfort Seating, and Glass Controls). The 840s in stock seem to be missing one or two of the options I want or they have Full Merino Leather, M Package, and Bowers & Wilkins speakers, adding $10k+ to the sticker. I can always custom order the exact 840 I'd want, but then that doesn't lease nearly as well as what's in stock.
Now, I'm seeing that y'all are finding 2020 M8s with huge rebates of 15-25% and lease terms right around what I'm wanting. These lease deals seem to be on launch stock. How can I find launch stock?
I also lease through a good friend who is a broker. Before I start pestering him, are these deals typically through dealers directly or would they be available through brokers? If so, could any broker potentially get these deals, or are specific brokers only authorized/able to offer this?
Thanks!
Appreciate 1