View Single Post
      11-05-2020, 11:42 AM   #200
toneil44
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M8 Comp GC, 2017 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by VYKL View Post
Out-of-state dealer, and my car is being transported here.

This specific vehicle was listed at an already low price, so the conversation was easier. I found it on cars.com, and navigating to the dealer site, I didn’t see the same price listed, so I thought it might have been click-bait. I inquired through cars.com, and it was real, so we agreed on a deal and signed the buyer’s order the same day.

Negotiation experience in case it might help:
  • I shared my ideal structure ($12xx/month, DAS: first month + fees)
  • Dealer said that it would be closer to $15xx/month
  • I asked if dealer could offer buy-rate for money factor (.00082) and they said they couldn’t do it
  • I inquired about corporate sales program and was told they weren’t aware of it
  • I searched online and was able to generate a certificate which I shared with dealer
  • Dealer called and said they can honor it ($3000 rebate) and we were now at low $14xx
  • I couldn’t move forward with the above, so after giving it some thought and running numbers through leasehackr calculator, I emailed them and said I would pay for car shipper if they can meet me in the “middle”: $1314/month
  • Dealer called back and said $1372/month, and I said I couldn’t move forward with that
  • We agreed to $1324/month and moved forward with paperwork

I contacted almost 10 dealerships, local and out-of-state, and the second lowest monthly I was able to get for 36/7.5k:
MSRP: $155k
Monthly: $1490
DAS: first month + fees

Most, if not all, vehicle prices that were shared with me even before negotiation were lower than MSRP.

Hope that helps!
Can you share this information?

The almost 10 dealerships you contacted, was that through cars.com or did you contact the dealerships directly?

If contacting dealerships directly, did you email the internet sales manager, did you have a CA contact at each dealer, or some other way?

Thanks for any information you can provide.
Appreciate 1