View Single Post
      11-21-2018, 09:48 PM   #39
Curt2000
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '93 Supra Turbo

Just got the Supra back from Freed Engineering. The car had several 'ninja issues', the turn signal system stopped working, the car was blowing smoke on cold start and the turbos seemed really noisy at lower RPMs. Plus I wanted a professional leak down and compression check done so I decided to take her in!

Well...I had three different leaks in the coolant system, a bad water pump seal, a completely compromised hose to the stock surge valve, a missing vacuum hose to one of the waste gates and a bunch of bad connections in my fuse box. On top of that I had them address the old corroded battery terminals, upgrade the radiator hose to a Titan Motorsports elbow and extract the stripped screws on the rear lower hatch stops so I could throw in the new ones I had ordered.

WOW! All these issues were present when I bought the car so I just assumed that's how the car ran! The motor runs like a top now, the car doesn't feel like a dog in lower RPMs and has a much smoother transition to boost, the stock auto seemed to be much more lively and appropriate with gear selection based on throttle position, no more smoke, turn signals work and best of all...about an 80% reduction in interior squeaking/rattling noises
Needless to say I'm very pleased!

Former Car: '16 SUNBURST GOLD F80 ///M3--6MT/Carbon Cloth (ED Thread)
Former Car:'13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP(ED Thread)
INSTAGRAM:@C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 2