mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrh3 View Post
but my ESS tune not so much. I sent them a question tonight as to why I am getting P420/P430 codes for inefficient cats since that was supposed to be turned off, we'll see what they say.

In the mean time I have cleared the codes to see if they come back.

ESS never got mine turned off either. They claimed I damaged the 0'2s in install but no way did that happen. I called bullshit but they wouldnt retune. I dont think they know how to turn them off. I also believe NO tuning company can turn them off so no blame to ESS. But when you shell out $800 for a tune PRIMARILY to turn off sensors and they say it CAN be done, well that's just wrong. IMHO it didnt affect performance but it is embarrasing to have a nice car with a Check Engine light on. It drove me nuts. It would go off and on every couple hundred miles. This is why until somone can prove to me they can turn them off the 08 will remain with stock headers. I miss having them so dont get me wrong there, loved the sound and power upgrade.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0