Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
By what metric?
Beyonce does have talent, lots of it. I also believe she is indeed an artist, she has written great songs. The issue lies not in her content but in todays era and what is quantified as music and performing.

Looking at the above example going up against Freddie Mercury it is obvious that there is no comparison between the two, but let's be clear "on that particular song".

Bohemian Rhapsody is celestial. Musically and lyrically

Run the World is girl power banter (aka garbage). Musically a Youtuber could create with a phone and the lyrics...smh

Freddie Mercury was a musical genius of self merit in every metric, Beyonce is not a musical genius in my opinion but a great singer, artist and performer who has excelled in todays fast food music world.

Is she equal to a Thom Yorke, Sade, Prince in musical creativity and internal talent, No!
But can she sell out an arena and perform, sing and entertain, yes, can she create musical magic of her own intellect without a support staff of an NFL team, doubtful.
And as hard to accept I consider Kanye West a musical genius as well, unfortunately he lacks humility and character.

The above example can be be seen as a math problem....one person to create an eternally accepted song across generations vs a staff of eight for a song most people haven't heard.
Appreciate 0