View Single Post
      03-14-2024, 11:48 AM   #15
TupperBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO-BMW View Post
I had an incredible deal blow up in my face yesterday. This was THE M850i I was meant to buy. I contacted the dealer where it was located right after they opened yesterday morning. I was going to put a deposit down on it, to hold it until I could get a PPI asap. The staff woman who answered the phone said the salesman were tied up with customers who came in right when they opened the door. She promised to have one call me as a soon as they were available. Two hours later, no call, so I called back. Same woman, same story, she just said they were really busy, and someone would call me soon. Three hours later, still no call, so I call them again. I told her that I had now been waiting over five hours to talk to someone in sales about putting a deposit on a car. Again, she promises I will get a call shortly. Finally, over an hour later, I hear back from a salesman who then informs me that they sold the car about an hour earlier! I was so upset and wound up after that I was barely able to get any sleep last night. This was exactly the right car, essentially loaded, very low miles, with a CPO warranty, and at a great price. It was right at the extreme top of my budget, but for that particular car, with a warranty, it was a phenomenal deal. I won't find another one like it, probably not even close. And, for a variety of reasons, I either have to complete a deal for a car by the end of this month, or the window closes, and it's not happening. What a massive disappointment. And in the end, I amy not even end up with an M850i
It's too bad that this happened to you, because BMW dealerships are mostly reporting that M850i's (and the 8 series in general) are sitting in lots very difficult to sell. Hence the amount of depreciation.

Like I've stated before, my car has depreciated so much I've essentially said "screw it", I'm just going to mod this thing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q
Appreciate 1