View Single Post
      10-21-2023, 12:19 PM   #74
Rob_G77
Major
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaford View Post
While understanding your anguish I had a Volvo S80 that had an intermittent fault that never happened when it was with the dealer. I agreed for them to use the car as a daily driver for one employee and after a few days sure enough the fault happened, leaving the employee stuck at the side of the road. The fault was identified - for the record it was a sticky stepper motor in the LPG system.

So while using for golf might seem a liberty it was getting some miles in.
Well, we did that and they had the car for a month. But it was obvious from the last visit that unless they could find a fault code they were not going to do much else any more. I have repeatedly asked for escalation which they (my dealership) said they were doing. The official BMW response was to say it's normal operation of the car because there are no fault codes. At that point I made the determination that BMW just wasn't addressing the issue. With no lemon laws here, there isn't anything else I can really do except get rid of the car. With the other issues, getting out while I can just seems the right thing to do.

Rob

Last edited by Rob_G77; 10-21-2023 at 12:55 PM..
Appreciate 0