View Single Post
      01-11-2021, 03:57 PM   #15
Rogerha
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 840d Dravit Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
Defective tires being the culprit for this specific condition are definitely possible, but just not probable. Did you have any vibration issue with the previous tires when at speed?

If the alignment machines were not properly calibrated the alignment won't be accurate...did they say they were recently calibrated? As I also mentioned, suspension or f/e components are more likely possibilities.

I appreciate the frustration but lots of luck when attempting to hand a vehicle back to the finance company, highly unlikely that will work out.

If this turns out to be a systemic problem with all 8 series vehicles (jury is still out on that) it will most likely be due to an error in alignment specs by BMW, but with so few reporting this issue it's most likely not the issue.
RJC-1 I agree with everything you say. But some research tells me the Bridgestone 007’s at exhibiting the same wear on Aston Martin’s and Ferraris... so that’s why I am reaching a tyre based conclusion. I’d be able to get more results now that I have switched to Michelin but we are locked down and haven’t been able to drive anywhere for about 12 months

I don’t think it is an inherent issue with the 8 because as you say, few are reporting it. Those that do - have factory fit Bridgestones......

I’ll keep the thread posted on handing the car back....
Appreciate 0