Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
I've seen the Cerium and I own the black shadow. Both look nice for different colors. I think on blue cars (tanzanite, sonic blue, baracelona, etc) the black looks better, personally.

However, the carbon fiber is NO question better on ALL the 8s series. I've seen without and mine with it. The carbon fiber all around (mirrors, diffusers, etc) looks way better on every color in the rainbow from black to blue to red and even white.

I think it's not even a question about the carbon fiber looks.
In hindsight the full carbon exterior package was the way to go but I couldn't get past the $4K price point. The reason for it being the way to go is without it the diffuser and lower bumper area is a greyish color vs with the carbon exterior package it is black. I'm planning to either have my detailer wrap the greyish color with a black to match the Shadowline or go with the AC Schnitzer carbon diffuser and exhaust to eradicate the greyish color from the rear-end. If I go down the AC Schnitzer route it will tally up to the carbon fiber exterior package but then again I may end up with a hotter exhaust than stock.
I told my sales agent that I didn't want to pay for the $3k carbon or $3k BW system. But I'm glad I got both, although we negotiated a lower price it wasn't quite as much as that added 6k.

In hindsight I'm glad I got both. I'm not sure how much time or money it would cost for aftermarket; however, I know the carbon fiber is now $4k so it went up and I think it's the same package.
Appreciate 0