United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazosdaniel24 View Post
Hey,

Congrats on the car love the color!

I have a couple of Questions if you don't mind:

Looking to trade my F90 for M8 since you did that, I was wondering what after market parts from the M5 can be use in the M8. (Looks like the eventuri intakes but what about upper and lower downpipes and Exhaust ?

Is Lunch control that much better than the M5?

How is the ride quality compared to the f90?

TIA 👍🏻 I appreciated it.

The intake in my car is the M5 model so that works. I'll defer to Ben below on the downpipes and exhaust setup. The H&R springs I have are for the M550 and fit the Gran Coupe perfectly (Coupe is different, IIRC)--the ride is mostly unchanged as a result of them and the adjustable dampers work as normal.

The lunch control in the M8 is the same as the M5. I got into the habit of getting Ritz crackers around noon in all of my M5s and the M8 is the same. Why would you think I'd eat differently in the new car?

OK, my teasing aside: the fastest and most consistent launching car I've ever had was my 2020 F90C. That car nailed 0-60mph per Dragy in 2.57s repeatedly. On a bad day, it was mid 2.6s. I also had two x F90s and, though the second car was certainly the faster of the two, they both launched perfectly. I have no idea what the trouble with launching is so I'm afraid I'm no help there. The M8 launches just as well although it's only managed a 60 in 2.59s, it's consistently a mid 2.6s car.
Appreciate 0