10-05-2020, 10:43 PM   #177
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops395 View Post
I've had my 840d since March 2020. Haven't driven it too much because of COVID but after 1000 miles the AC and heating decided it had a mind of its own. I thought it might be a glitch and reset the head unit but today I had a 300 mile round trip and it was cold (9 degrees) and raining, I'd set it on 18 degrees with moderate fan (no AC and no auto) it would blow Air conditioned cold for 15 minutes then Max hot for 15 minutes, this happened through my entire journey and irrelevant of my heater or AC settings it does the same. Before I take it to the dealer who will obviously notice that nothing is wrong and nothing needs fixing, has anyone else in UK 8 series had this issue and did your dealer fix it?

Any help or feedback would be appreciated, it seems a lot of early production cars seem to have heater problems like mine but you wouLd have thought this would have been fixed 18 months into production...
Your reporting is the first one I'm aware of regarding heating vs AC Cooling if I'm understanding the issue correctly, i.e., you wanted heat due to the cold weather on the trip. I know that does not help in any what way with your situation but this thread has been dedicated to AC cooling failures and the manufacture defect associated with failed compressor components, etc. Hopefully someone else has had heater issues as well and can chime in on their experience and resolution.
Appreciate 1