Moupe
Monobloc
United_States
Rep
Drives: '02 M Coupe - '19 F31 330ix

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I owned a Z3M Coupe with the S54, yes it was a nice little car but they are insanely overpriced right now. It's one of those things that for the life of me I cannot figure out why they've become so expensive (or really that popular at all). The Z4M is a vastly superior machine in almost every way, and it's common to see the Z3M S54 command higher (sometimes much higher) prices than the Z4M Coupe.

Glad I don't want one again with these prices!
It boggles my mind when people with a particular mindset question why the original/predecessor sells for more than the later version car. An original is an original. Every M3 has been vastly superior to the original E30 M3 but they will never touch it in many aspects, including collectability. And as for the Z4M, it will never touch the original "M Coupe" for many of those reasons as well even if the chassis, suspension, and driving dynamics are vastly superior.

Oh yeah, a 4,500 mile 2002 S54 just sold for an eye-watering $92,000. These are flying into six figure territory. Mine is never going anywhere, as there's really nothing like it. I wouldn't trade it for anything short of a GT3/RS or Turbo S. Don't waste my time with an M3, C63, RS4, etc.
-2002 S54 M Coupé - Steel Gray / Dark Gray/Black
Appreciate 0