02-27-2020, 11:18 PM   #21
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Got most of that but not clear on one piece: we know "home" and "work" have special meaning--they're well-known nouns--how did you get from adding a contact on the phone to the car prompting for confirmation that this is the work address?

More importantly, it's time for Star Trek Picard--back in an hour so...
As discussed before the "home" construct is set directly within the iDrive system but it has no construct whatsoever to save the "work" address. That is where the uploaded contacts from a Bluetooth connected phone come into play. Once you have a properly configured contact in the phone (as per my trial and error in my post) it is sync'd to the car.

Thus, when you ask for navigation to work the assistant will state the "office" location has not been set. The assistant will then follow with identifying the contact to associate with "office" (which comes from the uploaded contacts from a Bluetooth connected phone). Voice the contact name with your work address and the correlation is made after confirming the selection. Once set up the voice commands of "take me to work" or "take me to the office" all work flawlessly.
Appreciate 0