02-27-2020, 09:44 PM   #18
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Nope. Neanderthal didn't work either. Sigh.
I have been determined to figure this out and cracked the nut this evening. Given the Assistant prompting for "office" not being set and asking for the contact it is definitely tied to the contact list downloaded from any connected mobile phone(s).

The first attempt was to create a contact of Office on my Pixel 3XL which included the address. Forced a contact sync but it did not show up. Deleted the Pixel 3XL from the devices in the car and repaired. However, the contact still did not show up. I then figured it may need a first and last name in the contact info so created a new contact on my phone with the company name spread across both first and last name along with the address. Rinse and repeat the contact sync and delete/re-pair but it still did not show up in the car's contact list.

At this point I surmised the lack of syncing/loading is due to there is not a phone number associated with the contact. Added my office line to the contact created with the company name and sure enough with a forced sync it showed up in the car. I then tried "Hey Beast take me to work" (my wife nicknamed the car) and once again the Assistant said "the office location has not been set" and prompted for the contact. I voiced the new contact with my company name and the Assistant prompted for confirmation.

That out of the way I tried both "take me to the office" and "take me to work" and it all worked flawlessly.

On a separate note has anybody had similar prompting from iDrive as per this thread https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?t=1639315? I had opened up the privacy permissions to everything during the original Connected Drive failures so it has had plenty of time to learn my home->work and work->home driving practices but I've never seen any prompting as per the thread.

I checked and with the privacy settings wide open it includes Connected Learning. Now that the special character issue has been resolved will be dialing in my original privacy settings and nuking all big brother aspects (including Connected Learning).
Appreciate 0