02-26-2020, 08:14 PM   #12
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
The home/work/office keywords confound the $hit out of me--I can say "hey Max, take me home"... and off we go. If I replace "home" with "to work"... she tells me my "office" (not "work") location has not been defined implying it clearly understands the noun is 'special' in the same way 'home' is... but like you said, where do we define that? If I say, "hey Max, navigate to work", it all works perfectly. I've defined the notion of "home" to the car so I get that, but I've tried various ways to do the same with "work" and "office" and yet they behave entirely differently. Perhaps I should try Neanderthal grammar: "TAKE ME WORK"... mmm, I've genuinely not tried that. Tomorrow we shall see.
Oddly enough I tried "take me to work" today and got the same response regarding the "office" location not being set. I've been pursuing some other forums on the topic and there is a theory it is the Connected Drive aspect with "learning mode" enabled so it understands the patterns just like Apple/Android. Hence, state "navigate to work" it is pulling that pattern from Connected Drive history, i.e., where one goes every morning.
Appreciate 0