Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
How do you handle the "work" aspect? A contact in your phone accessible via bluetooth to iDrive? As far as I can tell, the Nav system only allows for a defined home setting (mine's 5 houses down the street given I'm security anal).
<soapbox>On the 'security' topic that I think is of professional interest to us both: the industry as a whole has embraced an 'assume breach' philosophy to help ensure that we also (although my subjective opinion is--> primarily) focus our attention on the assets, not the entry point. The edge isn't perceived as the primary (or worse, 'only') security boundary anymore as it's been for decades (firewalls/VPNs/IPsec/NLA/802.1x/etc.). Instead, identity and assets are now the focus. I apply that same philosophy that I helped design and bring to fruition in product form to my digitally-protected home rather than focus on preventing someone all-too-easily determining where my home is (with or without my car): asset vs. discovery + entry point. Net net: apologies for the kinda-mantra but I'm not with you on that one, dude!

// EDIT: there's a good (probably only subjectively 'good' for @bloozemanAZ and me but...) read on it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/secu...ess/zero-trust
</soapbox>

The home/work/office keywords confound the $hit out of me--I can say "hey Max, take me home"... and off we go. If I replace "home" with "to work"... she tells me my "office" (not "work") location has not been defined implying it clearly understands the noun is 'special' in the same way 'home' is... but like you said, where do we define that? If I say, "hey Max, navigate to work", it all works perfectly. I've defined the notion of "home" to the car so I get that, but I've tried various ways to do the same with "work" and "office" and yet they behave entirely differently. Perhaps I should try Neanderthal grammar: "TAKE ME WORK"... mmm, I've genuinely not tried that. Tomorrow we shall see.
Nope. Neanderthal didn't work either. Sigh.
Appreciate 0