04-15-2020, 10:21 PM   #3
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracythorne View Post
I recently brought home an 850 GC and was hoping to do some coding (disable start/stop amongst a few other things). I looked at the apps for Carly and Bimmercode and based on the slickness of the interphase for Carly, I ordered that.

The app and the webpage indicated about twenty things that could be coded on an 8 series.

Well - the device shows up, I plug it in, it scans the car right away and declares that I can code a whopping two items - neither of which I want to code.

Customer support from Carly stated that because I had a new car, it likely had a recent update to the operating system, and it will take Carly some time to get the new coding worked out for the other 18 or so functions. In the meantime, he suggested I not upgrade the system on my car.

As you can imagine, this was pretty frustrating and disappointing.

My question is this, if I buy one of the adaptors for Bimmercode, am I going to be dealing with the same problem? Does Bimmercode get crippled every time the OS get's updated? If so, how long does it usually take?

Thanks (and sorry if this is wrong place to post, but wasn't sure how unique this is the 8 series).
I had the same problem a year ago with mine. Bimmercode is 100% better than Carly or anything else. but yes, every update to the OS will take 6-12 months for bimmercode to "catch up" to code stuff.
I still have and use bimmercode because it's fast and easy. however, you need a real coder to get stuff done. there is a couple out there; but I recently used and I recommended Ben. you will need a laptop and a cable I bought on amazon.

send a private message to r33_RGSport
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00