Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Dackelone

I would also make this point. As we now know, Construction was aware of cracking.

I get that the cables were loose and they needed to be tightened.

But as Construction Supervisors were aware of cracking, one would think there would have been long discussions about the safety attempting to compress the cement (as explained in video) with known fact that bridge was cracking.

Perhaps they concluded this would help rigidity.

Whatever, that is the where Investigators should get detailed accounts of people in that meeting before they had time to compare stories.
Yes, I agree.

It boggles the mind how many mistakes were made. AND why they just didn't close the street traffic down, when they KNEW there were stress cracks. In the traffic camera video... you can see the workers on top of the bridge doing "something", maybe tightening those cables - when the bridge collapsed.

I also saw that the University was suppose to have a third party independent from the construction crew/engineers over seeing the build - but the Uni failed to hire any. I'm sure the lawyers will have a field day - many years down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post

Whatever, that is the where Investigators should get detailed accounts of people in that meeting before they had time to compare stories.
Yep. Before they all lawyer up.

Dackel
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4488.00