Quote:
Originally Posted by Asthenis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiM8Comp View Post
Quote:
Went for OEM 600 hp software chip update. Didn't take the RaceChip finally as the 0-60 wasn't improved so much and less than what I could get from the soft warranty safe update…
Didn't lower the car because I live in 🤯 Quebec 😬
Standing by for the OEM 600 hp software chip upgrade explanation. Never heard of this before.
No idea what this is. I'll predict naivety but would love to be proven wrong.

That said, the car has more than 600hp stock so what exactly is it we're lusting after here?
It was done on my M850i 2023 , so 523hp stock - my dealer was offering this chip upgrade via Ultracar Montreal, a car workshop/tuner who is preparing lots of cars before delivery in my city,for BMw and Rolls royce quebec)

I can notice the difference definitely but Like some of you I wasn't big fan of the 'virtual' update vs some physical tune.

Apparently this chip update is processed via a Bluetooth update/uploaded to of the car software , which unlocks more power… and is warranty safe on BMW side.

Now give me more tips on the right questions I should ask to this dealer so I can do a proper verification (have I been screwed or not &#129322
Ohhhh. My bad. Thought you were talking about an M8.

Do you have a link to this dealer-blessed tune?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiM8Comp View Post
Quote:
Went for OEM 600 hp software chip update. Didn't take the RaceChip finally as the 0-60 wasn't improved so much and less than what I could get from the soft warranty safe update…
Didn't lower the car because I live in 🤯 Quebec 😬
Standing by for the OEM 600 hp software chip upgrade explanation. Never heard of this before.
No idea what this is. I'll predict naivety but would love to be proven wrong.

That said, the car has more than 600hp stock so what exactly is it we're lusting after here?
It was done on my M850i 2023 , so 523hp stock - my dealer was offering this chip upgrade via Ultracar Montreal, a car workshop/tuner who is preparing lots of cars before delivery in my city,for BMw and Rolls royce quebec)

I can notice the difference definitely but Like some of you I wasn't big fan of the 'virtual' update vs some physical tune.

Apparently this chip update is processed via a Bluetooth update/uploaded to of the car software , which unlocks more power… and is warranty safe on BMW side.

Now give me more tips on the right questions I should ask to this dealer so I can do a proper verification (have I been screwed or not &#129322
Ohhhh. My bad. Thought you were talking about an M8.

Do you have a link to this dealer-blessed tune?
Off course

Ultracar

1254 Blvd. Marcel-Laurin, Saint-Laurent, QC H4R 1J7, Canada
+1 514-592-0005 https://g.co/kgs/eX9Nyx
Appreciate 0