drklion
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 35x

Garage List
2021 BMW/M8  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by -EndOfAnEra- View Post
A sad, sad day. European Delivery was on my bucketlist for years, always dreaming of saving it up for that first M car, waiting until my son was old enough to enjoy a lovely European vacation and feeling the thrum of that mighty engine on the Autobahn or even the Nurburgring if I dared.

I'm personally of the opinion that even as a loss leader, the experience was key to getting people to love the brand and stay with it through questionable marketing and design directions. How can you not love an organization sponsoring some of the greatest driving opportunities available to the average person?

I'm hoping COVID killed it, and when the dust settles it'll come back. But I have my doubts...

To the OP, and all who got to experience this, thanks for your words, your pictures and your journals. You helped those of us who never made it live vicariously through your experiences and I deeply thank you for that!
I feel lucky enough to have experienced ED from their original location which had a black 2x4 sign that said European Delivery stuck on the door that was ready to fall off its hinges. You had to get buzzed in. And now the Welt center. A very cool place to go and experience the delivery of your car, awesome but I would say and hope this end is just temporary.
Appreciate 0