View Single Post
      07-27-2018, 04:21 PM   #9
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
it's one thing if that is disclosed and maybe annotated before signing contract.
However, if the purchaser is under the impression the deal is final - and the seller very well may leave that perception so the buyer doesn't delay taking the car till confirmation - then there is no etiquette in not using the situation to your benefit.

all depends what the buyer was told and not what might be stated in the text of a contract -
this is why you sign all that paperwork stating you have read and understand what you are signing. its not the dealerships responsibility to make you actually read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80zcp View Post
And I'd give you the car back and wouldn't pay your 55c per mile charge.
and then you would get to enjoy collections if they wanted to be a dick back.

this happens more often than you would think, which is why the dealerships have you sign the contract stating this might happen and what you do if it does.

OP, go in, make sure you read the new paperwork carefully and understand and ask questions if you dont. And if the terms are worse for you, secure your own financing or find a car in a price range that you can get decent terms on. Definitely dont get a higher priced car if you cant get a loan approved at the current price point.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0