pit1
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tekcorps
Quote:
Originally Posted by pit1 View Post
Thanks for the thoughts. Pretty much where my head is too.

911 wins for the visceral engagement and up-front cost. Long term ownership is questionable. The M2 wins for overall ownership, performance and reliability.

The IMS in the 911 has been repaired. Assuming ownership of this car would also include full evaluation and repair of any other aged parts or known weak spots. I have the car for today and tomorrow, the drive is like nothing else, albeit unrefined and a bit shaky from warped rotors. The noise, though, that noise from the flat six behind you is intoxicating.

The biggest hesitation on the 911 is the inability to enjoy it with my whole family. The moments I look forward to the most with the M2 is cruising to the shore house with the wife and kids onboard. While I may be able to squeeze the kids in the 911, I wouldn't beyond a trip around the block.
Watch those old tires that look fine, but are 10 years old. They will get you in trouble really fast.
Thanks for the warning. Tires have been replaced a few times. These are 3 years old at most.
Appreciate 0