07-23-2020, 08:38 PM   #202
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Shockingly this is one case where the spindle grill works. The LC honestly is pretty gorgeous. Still feels weird to say that about a Lexus but that NA V8 and gorgeous interior all that with Toyota reliability too, now just fix the damn infotainment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
that's what bloozemanAZ said too!
In all honesty in my final down select of potential coupes resulting in the LC 500 and the M850i the hands down winner from the exterior point-of-view is the LC 500 no questions asked. The spindle grill is indeed the first car in which it truly blends into the the overall front-end vs a seemingly "bolt on" afterthought to keep inline with the new design.

In fact with the LC 500 Convertible now on the market it just ramps it up as perhaps the best looking coupe convertible as well. In regards to the grill I found this video review that gets more into the detail than I had ever paid attention to. Forget the fact that these two guys are absolute dorks but here is the discussion of the grill itself and the intricate details

As for the NA V8, it is truly gorgeous from a soundscape that is active at all times. In fact unlike BMW and others that leverage the audio system to generate fabricated engine noise in the cabin Lexus pioneered membrane technology in the LC to let the natural sound of the engine into the cabin. Although with my audiophile habit a couple of my test drives with the LC 500 solely focused on the Mark Levinson audio the final drive had the audio system completely shut off so I could just relish in the sound of the engine.

Although performance was my number 1 criteria I may have overlooked the LC 500's sub par capabilities compared the M850i but ultimately the kiss of death was the Infotainment. Seriously? WTF? Granted my outgoing sports sedan was a Lexus and over a decade old so its Infotainment was on par for the time but what Lexus is offering today is light years behind iDrive. The irony being if someone asked my 10 years ago if an Infotainment (the term didn't even exist at the time) system would be my deciding factor on a car purchase I probably would have laughed. However, fast forward the clock to now and it was absolutely no joking matter whatsoever.

Last edited by bloozemanAZ; 07-25-2020 at 05:38 PM..
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25083.00