07-15-2020, 03:17 AM   #150
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
define better? i have read so many post about people thinking the m8 is not something special without even having enough seat time to justify the comment

everything in this price range has something going for it. the m8 is a well rounded machine. people forget that BMW is to be leased not purchased. so forget about the msrp. look at what you can lease for the same payment and you will find very little competitors

if you have read my other post i was all in for a m5. didn’t want another bmw as the last two cars were M’s and wanted to try something different. when i finalized my m5 deal i was 1350 a month. i crossed shopped what i really wanted an e63s but there were looking at over 2k a month. sticker was within 1000 from each other. the cars were too similar to justify the difference in payment. a rs5 sport back had a 1200 payment with a 30k difference in sticker. you get a lot of car with BMW aggressive leases

i can comment that BMW made a mistake producing too many M8s. they should of kept production limited. you see more m8’s on the dealer lot than the streets. i have yet seen another m8 on the streets. seen one m850
but that’s it. the demand for the 8 will increase as they are no longer producing 2021. assuming pricing will also stabilize. simple supply and demand
At the price point of an M8, people don't want well rounded or rationale. Spending $150,000 on a car is not rationale.

You not seeing any M8's on the street is the problem. BMW isn't moving them enough, hence the production shutdown. Demand for the car will not increase because because production shuts down. Just because supply will be lower and the cars will be harder to find doesn't mean demand has increased. It just means the people that wanted them originally can't get them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25076.00