07-15-2020, 02:15 AM   #148
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Automotive Enthusiast View Post
I think people who buy an Aston have different priorities compared to someone that buys a 911. Again, Porsche has no issues selling $130,000 Cayenne's, 911's, Macan's, or Panameras. The 8 series is just sitting on lots. :shrug: I would absolutely say Porsche is in a different league compared to BMW.
Don’t think so...
Porsche makes it’s money with SUV’s just like anyone else on a larger scale. So, yes, they have no problems selling Cayennes, just like MB is selling their AMG SUV’s and likely BMW theirs.
As for Panameras, you are mistaken. Sales are very soft on this car and discounts easily equal BMW’s... They carry few of them and those don’t move.

The 911’s are a standout in non-SUV sales because they have a decades old following and it’s a great car that keeps on getting better.

The biggest reason I see for all these 8 series sitting around is BMW’s stupidity to load up their dealers with a lot of inventory of some of their most expensive cars.
MB on the other hand has been very careful of keeping their AMG inventory low and it pays off. One exception were the GT 4 door models. Guess what happened there...

As for Astons, they had been aggressively pushing low price leases on these cars. At one point in time you could get a Vantage for $1300 a month (low mileage though)

Last edited by Wolfman64; 07-15-2020 at 02:21 AM..
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50