United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i, 2012 528i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belugs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
The question I get all the time: What do when you're pulled over.

The answer varies depending on situations, but usually it's at night after you've been partying at the company Christmas party.

Steps to follow:
1: pull over immediately in the safest manner possible.
2: Turn on all your interior lights and open all your windows. don't fidget or fumble around.
3: get your license and registration out and have them ready for the officers. Don't throw them at them, just wait till they ask for the documents.
4: Act Sober. Don't slur your words, and don't slouch. Answer all questions with either "yes, sir." "No." Or "I want my attorney".
5. Look straightforward, hands on or above the wheel in plain view at all times. Don't get out of the car, unless the officer says "you're under arrest"
6. If the officer asks questions like: "do you want to step out", or "come with me"; you can ask "Sir, Am I free to leave?"
7. Thank the officer if he let's you go with just a warning for following the above advice.

Don't ever agree to perform any field sobriety tests, blow into anything, or consent to searches or anything of the kind.
You have a 5th and 6th ammendment right, NOT to do any tests and you should exercise your 6th amendment rights to counsel at all times.

Questions?
Wow this is good info...and what if officer decides to arrest you for refusing the test? How do u refuse in the most polite way without escalating things? Do you state any type of law that makes them realize you know your rights and the law?
Ok I re-read the post again. I guess the answer to my question was in plain sight. So 5th amendment not to take the tests and 6th amendment for your lawyer. Is that correct?
Appreciate 1