View Single Post
      02-13-2024, 08:59 PM   #1
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Have you dialed back on eating fast food like McD's and such?

Given how expensive fast food from places like McD's, Burger King, Taco Bell, and like have become, I'm curious as to if many of you have stopped eating there or reduced how often you go.

I very rarely eat at those places and tend to go to Chipotle, Hawaiian Bros, and similar. The costs are still sky high at those places, but it's crazy to me that I'm spending nearly $13 for a chicken sandwich, medium fries, and medium drink at Chick-fil-a for my daughter in Kansas City when I could spend the same at Chipotle and get more food and obviously far more healthy.

I've checked local prices at McD's and it's damn near $13 for a Big Mac meal. That's bonkers. How do lower and lower-middle income people eat there as much as I see them there? I just don't get how people afford to eat it anymore. McD's, Burger King, etc. have recently said they plan to raise prices even more! Insanity.

I'm 49 and remember in high school in the early 1990s that we could get a Big Mac meal for $2.99. $3 in 1991 equates to $7 in today's money. What am I missing? Greed anyone?